Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh, Condi, Condi

Posted by codemorse

"Grrrrrr.."


From the New York Post - aka Spin Magazine:

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice yesterday accused Bill Clinton of making "flatly false" claims that the Bush administration didn't lift a finger to stop terrorism before the 9/11 attacks.

...."The notion somehow for eight months the Bush administration sat there...is just flatly false - and I think the 9/11 commission understood that," Rice said during a wide-ranging meeting with Post editors and reporters.

9/11 Report cites many warnings about hijackings

January, 2001 Richard Clarke Memo to the Administration on the need for an "immediate meeting of the National Security Council's Principals Committee to discuss broad strategies for combating al-Qaeda"

The Timeline leading up to 9/11, including verifiable stories on financial aid given to the Taliban in 2000 and 2001 by the Bush Administration.

The U.S. Given a failing grade by bi-partisan 9/11 commission.

But Condi's just so well-spoken! And she likes classical music!

And Clinton's such a scoundrel! Tee hee!

4 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I need some vindication. Tell me that a) you watched Heroes adn b) that you enjoyed it.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

a) I watched Heroes.

b) I enjoyed it.

It was rather like watching the Marvel Universe awakening. And I liked that.

Do I think it's a great show? No, I don't. I think it's a great medium for a very oft-told tale, and I think that, given enough time to expand and breathe, the show could tear off in some interesting, unexpected directions.

Saying the show is "X-Men lite" or whatever (as some had) is a funny sort of criticism to me. It's meaningless. This isn't X-Men, specifically. It's pretty much every superhero story ever told.

What makes it interesting is the size of the canvas they might be able to create the story on. Television gives the creators an opportunity to bring a comic to life in a way that films really cannot. The stories can be "serialized" and made more epic, despite the relative lack of budget.

And that's pretty cool.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Thanks. I needed that.

Now tell me that I'm not mean.

God I let people's opinion of me get to me in a way that's ridiculous. People I don't even know/like.

Anyway, saw Clinton on a Daily Show rerun last night. Naturally my wife plays the Lewinski card. She was joking, mostly, but the longer I live the more I realize how clouded peoples' minds get when they think they're right about something. Fortunately I don't have that problem.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Honestly, that fuckin' blowjob is more overplayed than "Hey ya".

If every President ran things like Clinton I'd hav free blowjobs lined up for them on the hour.

Bush could use a hummer, frankly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home