Sunday, January 22, 2006

Foglio's Folio


Phil Foglio's a mad genius.

I've been a fan of his artwork since I first saw it in the pages of Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures book series. There's something about his cartoonish style that just grabs the eye. It's a personal dream to have him illustrate something I write someday.

I hadn't thought about him in a while, but while reorganizing the book shelves, I came across his distinctive illustrations and decided to look him up on the 'net. See what he's been up to.

Are you a fan of Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett's book, "Good Omens"? Me too. Over on Foglio's studio website, he's published a "fan art" adaptation of a bit of the book. It's fun, funny stuff, and well worth a few minutes of your time. This is the kind of thing blogs are good for. Pointing you toward little-seen cool stuff.

Nice to see Foglio's still drawing. Now, if I can just get him to take a look at this story I'm writing with a friend..

5 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Capt. Eucalyptus said...

I love Girl Genius.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

That's the one book of his I haven't checked out yet. Think you'd mind loaning me your copies?

I fell in love with his Myth Adventures graphic novels, and with his full-color Buck Godot collections. I hear Girl Genius is a hoot.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I would but alas I read them at a friend's place.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Ah, well. Worth a shot.

If you liked Girl Genius (which I haven't read, but which I've got a vague idea about, plotwise), you might like Joe Kelly and Chris Bachalo's Steampunk.

It's an somewhat-less-obscure favorite of mine.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I enjoy the "Steampunk" genre (talk about a sub-niche). I enjoyed The Difference Engine more for what it tried than for what it did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home