Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Codemorse Collides With V for Vendetta


Scroll down to read the newest posts at Codemorse

Head on over to Collider.com to read my thoughts on V for Vendetta, the new film produced by - and supposedly ghost-directed by - the Wachowski Brothers (of Matrix fame).

Here's a brief sample:
I don’t know how VFV is going to be received, though I can make a fairly educated guess. You’ll have a few ratings-whore pundits shouting about the movies immorality, and an equally obnoxious group of radicals who do stupid shit like set fires and spray-paint the anarchy symbol. The rest of us will thank God for our continued sanity (whether inborn or pharmaceutically prescribed) and proceed to make our own judgments. But whether or not we end up loving them, movies like VFV need to be seen. Art is an important part of our national dialogue, and without it, we lose our best and most expressive means of social commentary.
I'm actually really proud of the piece, and I hope you enjoy it.

Go forth, and feed my shriveled ego.

12 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Awesome piece (and by "piece" I don't mean LW's ass). I can't wait to see it!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Thanks, Cap. This and The Fountain are my most anticipated movies of 2006.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

BTW, apparently I am now your "toady". What are my official duties?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I'm looking forward most to V, Superman, and POTC:DMC.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Official duties: Installation of Jack Daniels distillery. Fundraising for Codemorse personal charity "ACOFCBRTLMEP (A Charity Ostensibly For The Children, But Really To Line My Evil Pockets)". Bringer of common-sense to overzealous commenters.

Are these terms acceptable?

Superman is probably number three on my list. Pirates of the Carribean is waaaay down there around #15 or so, but it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

PS - why are you my toady?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I think I can live with that.

Because Jummy said so over on Libertas.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I wasn't as excited about POTC until I saw Davy Jones. Squidheads RULE.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Oh, now I see. I've left Mr. Jummy my final word on the matter after having had my offer of peace rejected.

He's a little passive-aggressive, no? First he writes that I've maybe misinterpreted him by implying that he's been pissy. Then he goes and gets supremely pissy.

I'm really hoping he continues to come by.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Yeah, we can use all the snark we can get around here.

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Michael Hutchison said...

Just wanted to say how nice it was to talk about VFV on Libertas with you, and I couldn't find any e-mail address for you.

Given how vitriolic people can get on the web, it's refreshing to have just a plain old DISCUSSION with someone. We're clearly political opposites, but at least you can remain pleasant and I wanted you to know how much it's appreciated.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Michael-
It's my pleasure. As I try to make clear here at Codemorse, I'm a person who (despite being a godless heathen lib) tries to see the world through the eyes of other people. I think that doing so, even if it doesn't necesarily change my mind, still creates a dialogue that helps both parties understand one another.

The biggest danger of American politics at this point isn't Abramoff corruption, or Bush-style Monarchy. It's the violent polarization of the American citizenry. If we stop talking this stuff over, and resort to stubbornly defending our prescribed, rote views, then the terrorists don't need to win. Because we'll have forfeited.

Feel free to add your thoughts to this site anytime you'd like. If it's respectful it'll be treated with respect. We can use more freethinkers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home