Friday, February 24, 2006

I Spy, With My Little Eye....

From National Journal:

A controversial counter-terrorism program, which lawmakers halted more than two years ago amid outcries from privacy advocates, was stopped in name only and has quietly continued within the intelligence agency now fending off charges that it has violated the privacy of U.S. citizens.

Research under the Defense Department's Total Information Awareness program -- which developed technologies to predict terrorist attacks by mining government databases and the personal records of people in the United States -- was moved from the Pentagon's research-and-development agency to another group, which builds technologies primarily for the National Security Agency, according to documents obtained by National Journal and to intelligence sources familiar with the move. The names of key projects were changed, apparently to conceal their identities, but their funding remained intact, often under the same contracts.


I'd like to take this moment to give a wave and a big, friendly howdy to "Basketball," the ongoing suveillance program that's probably monitoring me as I type.

Codemorse loves Mom, Apple Pie, and America. Codemorse does not love secretive spying on American citizens (and, to be honest, Apple Pie's sorta gross. But God Bless America! And Mom!)



(Link courtesy of D-Kos)

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Ben MirĂ³ said...

Apple Pie's sorta gross.

Morse, this time you've gone too far.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

I'm sorry Morse, but in agreement with katanga, I've put a fatwa out on you for your blasphemous remark on Apple Pie. Next thing I know you'll say you don't like Field of Dreams and Coca Cola Classic. I knew you were a Commie.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger MMorse said...

Way to go, Nizzle. With your use of "fatwa" on the site, I've now joined the growing ranks of people being "innocently surveyed."

Field of Dreams makes me weep like a baby. And Classic Coke can kiss my red-white-and-blue ass. REAL Americans drink Diet Mr. Pibb!

Katanga - pistols at dawn!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home