Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Debbie Schlussel: Skin As Thin As Her Logic

Well, we won't be getting any enraged comments from Deb Schlussel's homo-hating crowd today.

Why? Because she's deleted the comment I'd posted on her site, providing links to websites that effortlessly debunk her claims that AIDS is a disease of sluts and gays.

Better, she's barred me from commenting further. This only helps to bolster my withering disdain. Thanks for the help, Debbie. Do Codemorse (and the truth) a solid, and pop over to Deb's blog. Post the links I've provided somewhere conspicuous.

Here's the comment I attempted to post in response to the deletion:

Dear Debbie,

I know it must be difficult to handle "dissenting opinion." But the deletion of my intial comment on your AIDS diatribe - which contained links clearly and factually debunking your prejudiced, hateful nonsense - seems both petty and childish to me.

I am a helpful person by nature, so here, once again, are the links to the sites which call your not-very-thinly-veiled homo-hatred out and show you to be a woman who would rather provoke a fight than deal with inconvenient facts.

"Between 75 and 85 out of every 100 HIV positive adults have been infected through unprotected sexual intercourse, with heterosexual, (male - female) intercourse accounting for over 70 cases and homosexual, (male-male) intercourse accounting for approximately 5 to 10 cases."

Taken from:
http://www.bgladco.com/aidsservices/stats.htm

Here are the AIDS statistics from 2004. I offer them because they provide something you do not. Namely, hard data:

http://www.avert.org/usastatg.htm

Do us both a favor and comment on this post IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS (ed. - this is how Deb responds to people she disagrees with) so that I can't continue accusing you of being a shifty, factless, prejudiced witchhunter. Neither of us wants that.


And here's her site's automated response:


Thank You for Commenting

Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments, I have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for approval the first time you post a comment. I'll approve your comment when convenient; there is no need to re-post your comment.

Yes, the truth is a malicious beast. No wonder people like Debs run from it. Nevermind that it isn't my first time commenting.

COWARD.

6 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Clompo said...

Welcome to the banned club! I was banned about a year ago on her site for being critical of her views. She really is a coward.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Well, thank you, clompo.

Let's start our own club. We'll agree to have differing opinions on things, and continue to maintain respect and relative civility (sometimes it's fun to get all sarcastic and snarky) for one another.

Please, feel free to come on back and give us your thoughts on anything you'd like. Unless you're spouting racist/bigoted nonsense, or stalking us, your comments will be preserved for all eternity here at Codemorse - where the only kind of Speech we peddle is Free.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Wonky Muse said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my post at The Blue Voice.

I agree with the first comment, she IS a coward and may I add, a bully. The type is easy enough to spot: you shine the light of truth on them and confront them with it, and they retreat, as was proven by what she did with your comment.

Hatemongers thrive on disseminating misinformation. She is nothing without her ugly screeds.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Thanks for popping by, Wonky Muse. I enjoyed your post, and I hope you found a few here at Codemorse to while away some time.

Feel free to swing by again when the mood suits you. We can always use more opinion, more thought, and more views.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous jillofalltrades said...

Debbie Schlussel is a deluded coward. You'd think someone who borrowed her look from a third-rate drag queen wouldn't be so hung up on gender/sexuality issues -- but alas, you'd be wrong. I think the lady doth protest WAY too much.

I too was banned after the not-so-divine Ms. S obviously couldn't scrape together enough BS to form a rebuttle to my logical arguments. I don't care what she thinks -- even a self-hating bigot like Debbie is entitled to her opinion. My concern is that there are actual legitimate media outlets willing to give her a voice -- an outrage given her shifty and disengenous tactics. She needs to be exposed for the coward she is.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Hi, Jill.

Hopefully, through the words of folks like yourself, people like Ms. Schlussel can be discredited for their prejudice and their ignorance.

Thanks for dropping by Codemorse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home