Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Impertinence Of Being Exceptive

From Time Magazine:

Democracy is rooted in the impertinent belief that our rulers are no better than we are and that they are answerable always. We're occasionally amazed to discover that people who are used to power forget that. That's why, every now and then, we have to remind them. In that sense, 2005 was a great year for democracy. Because it was reborn this time after the votes were counted.
-Andrew Sullivan

Conservative or Liberal. Democrat or Republican. It doesn't matter.

What matters is that we are informed, aware, open, and critical.

Right, Mr. Jefferson?


Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.

-T to the homas! J to the efferson!

10 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

One can only hope that when the next election comes around we do better.

(Know any good artists?)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

"[N]o matter how deeply you distrust the government's judgment, you are too trusting." -George F. Will

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

[what kind of artists are you talking about?]

Great quote, mon Nizz.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I'm looking for someone to help me with a comic strip. I think you looked at the one I did here:

http://www.muddstavern.blogspot.com

Well my artist was in a bad accident and I don't think he'll be back.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

I swear I would offer to help, but I promise you wouldn't want mine.

This looks like a job for CodeMorse. Who happens to be one of the most talented artists I've ever met.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Oh really? Hmmmmm.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

For serious. You should check out some of his stuff if he would be so generous to show you. It's awesome!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Well CM, is what the man says true? And if so would you be willing to lend a hand?

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Good god, I've been outed.

Not that I'm anywhere near as talented as my good friend makes me out to be.

I do a lot of sketching, Cap, most of it pretty "Cartoony."

Shoot me an email over at Chud about it.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Will do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home