Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sweet Serenity

As September welcomes us into her generous bosom, the opening of Serenity draws closer. Like the unrepentant fan that I am, the notion's got me anticipating September 30th with the sort of excitement reserved for rock concerts. Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd.

But in my defense, Serenity promises to be genuinely great. Firefly the television show (which Serenity is a continuation of) was a terrific drama with entertaining action, wit, and emotion. From everything I've seen so far, Serenity the movie promises to take everything that made the show so very enjoyable, and amp it all up to cinema-sized proportions. Better still, you don't need to have ever watched the show to enjoy the film (or so all reports say).

Best of all, you don't need to enjoy science fiction to enjoy Firefly and, one assumes, Serenity. All you need to enjoy is well written, witty dialogue, great characters, and assured storytelling. Any fan of Unforgiven, Cool Hand Luke, Die Hard, or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind will most likely enjoy Serenity.

Here's the film's website. Take a look around. Then mark your calendars for the weekend of the 30th.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Shill! ;-)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger MMorse said...

Blatant and unrepentant, my friend.

By the by, I'm reading a really interesting book that I thnk you might enjoy. It's called "God is not..." and despite having a conclusion I completely disagree with, its a solid read that attempts to help define God in the manner of Thomas Aquinas, who stated that we can never know what God is, only what he is not. It's edited by d. laytham, and given your religious proclivities, I thought I'd mention it.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Sounds cool, thanks.

Hey can I shill something, just between you and I? ;-)

Check this out http://muddstavern.blogspot.com/ and if you like it feel free to link it. It's me and a couple of guys from Chud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home