Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Big Apple News

posted by Scott Roche

Today Apple will be giving the public some details about their new dowloadable movie service. I've known for some time that this was in the works and even wrote a bit about it. What's really interesting is the other bit of news it's rumored that they will release.

The bad thing about downloading movies from iTunes is that they won't be burnable to a DVD, but it looks like they'll be releasing a device that will allow you to stream the movie to your TV. One dongle will plug into your Mac and will wirelessly attach to another one plugged into either HD or regular component cables.

According to Gizmodo it will be called the TubePort. The cost for hardware will be $99 and the movies will cost between $9-$19.99 depending on the format you purchase. That seems more than a little steep, but it's a step in the right direction.

4 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Sweet.

I guess I'm suffering from old man syndrome, because I can't imagine ever going over to digital films entirely.

I love having the physical object in my hands - whether that's a cd, a book, or a film. Having the information simply isn't enough. I like tactile reassurance.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Wesley said...

As a future filmmaker film will always have a special place in my heart. Also you can't do everything you can on digital that you can on film.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Wesley said...

Yes I know it was a little off topic but I had to get it off my chest.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Glad you did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home