Friday, August 04, 2006

Hell. Yes.

Posted by codemorse

I'd sort of given up hope, but it looks like Hellboy 2 has finally been picked up for release in Summer, 2008.

The first Hellboy film was arguably a success, but once Revolution Studios (the studio that developed and released the film) folded, the question of whether or not another studio would pick up the property has been hanging in the air like an enormous, 400 lb., bright red question mark with sawed-off horns.

Thanks to Universal (probably my favorite mainstream movie company at the moment, given their willingness to take a chance on projects like Joss Whedon's "Serenity" and this one), Guillermo Del Toro will return to direct, and what looks like the entirety of the original cast will return. Which is, frankly, super-fucking-rare.

Despite my obvious affection for the superhero genre, I've sort of grown up, up and away from it. Sure, I see the Spidey-films, and the X-films, but that's usually the extent of my love/involvement with them.

But Hellboy? There is an official, signed, Drew Struzan poster from the first film hanging, framed (beautifully, might I add), in the entrance of my apartment.

So I'm, y'know, excited.

6 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Where is your apartment exactly and when might you be leaving it?

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

It's easy enough to find.

Just look under "911" in the phone book.

Tell my lovely secretary that you'd like to steal my poster, and give her your address.

She should send a few men in striking blue uniforms to help you out with that.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Steal? No just borrow for an open ended amount of time.

Thoughts on the upcoming HB animated movies?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

I think they look fantastic.

Love the designs, and LOVE that they got basically everyone from the cast to voice their characters.

One thing that makes them potentially superior to the live-action films is the lack of a need to put relationships first, and just make big honkin' monster fights.

Sometimes, a man needs big honkin' monster fights.

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous portia said...

Awesome! I loved the movie. First Beerfest, now this? You're fast becoming my go-to source for Movie Info That Gives Me Hope For the Future.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Well, that's our goal here, Portia.

We also hope to become the go-to source for "glow-in-the-dark dentures". It's a niche market, but currently underserved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home