Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Tick For President




Image taken from The Tick: Mighty Blue Justice, for the purposes of parody under copyright law.

Having heard the rumors on who'll be lining up to try for the Presidency come 2008, I've come to the conclusion that the Republican party could do worse than nominating The Tick, Ben Edlund's classic comic character. He's lovable, confused, and gives the impression of great strength, despite constant evidence to the contrary. Sound somewhat familiar?

Here's a handful of Tick quotes, interspersed with soundbites from our President. See if you can tell them apart!

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.

Everybody was a baby once. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we

I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context.

I think we agree, the past is over.

If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything!

People say that I'm out of touch with reality. That I'm insane. Sometimes I forget things. Who I am. Where I am. Unimportant things. But I'm not insane.

Fun!

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Kathi said...

President....maybe that is where we go wrong. Maybe we should spend more time on defining what makes a good citizen. That is each of us leading our lives in this country searching for the way that we can make this country a better place, a safer place, rather than looking to find one person who ultimately leads or is lead by his clique. Does that make sense? I understand there needs to be a leader but the current process seems to leave everyone unfulfilled and unsatisfied and we are abrogating sp? our responsibilities.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Very well said.

That's why it's bewildering to me that there are no civics classes to speak of in American schools.

If our citizens don't know their rights, and can't speak intelligently on them, can they reasonably be expected to keep them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home