Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Give It Up For Gleason


Paul Gleason, actor and 80's icon, passed away this weekend of asbestos-related cancer.

You know Mr. Gleason's work, even if you don't recognize his name. Mr. Beeks in Trading Places, Principal Vernon in the Breakfast Club, Jay Le Soto in Morgan Stewart's Coming Home (Welllcome...to the den...of iniquity...quity...quity), Deputy Police Chief Dwayne Robinson in Die Hard, and of course, Jeremitt in Ewoks: The Battle For Endor. Well, they can't all be gems.

Gleason's distinctively anal screen presence will be missed. With his passing, the children of the 80's lose an influential and memorable part of their youth. Rest in peace, sir.

Memorable/favorite Gleason quotes:

You think anyone's gonna believe you? You think anyone gonna take your word over mine? I'm a man of respect around here. They love me. I'm a swell guy. You're a lying sack of monkey shit, and everyone knows about it. Oh, you're a tough guy. Hey c'mon. Get on your feet pal! Let's find out how tough you are. I wanna know how tough you are. Let's go. C'mon man, just take the first shot. I'm begging you, take the first shot. Just take one good swing... [Bender pauses, staring]Yeah, that's what I thought. You're a gutless turd.


Back off! Or I'll rip out your eyes and piss on your brain!

4 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Codemorse, from Mad-A: this has nothing to do with this post in particular, but I just wanted to let you know that over the last few days I've been digging pretty deeply into your Blog and it's really goddamn impressive how complete and well thought out your posts are. I find it on par with any journalism or social commentary found anywhere else on the web or print. You have a gift for verbiage and your widely varied opinions are compelling and revealing. I also find it incredibly impressive how tenacious you've been with updating this blog on such a regular basis. You have so much to say, and you say it so well. You are one intelligent cat man.

-Adam M.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^ Gayer than the new Superman

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Gracias, mi hermano. I miss you, bro, gayer than the new Superman or not.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't post that superman comment BTW. I don't find my admiration of your ability and intellegence gay in the slightest, but I don't mind if other folk do. Let's talk soon eh?
-Adam M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home