Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Me Speakum Heap Good English

From CNN.com:

"I listen to all voices, but mine is the final decision," [Bush] said. "And Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job. He's not only transforming the military, he's fighting a war on terror. He's helping us fight a war on terror. I have strong confidence in Don Rumsfeld.

"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."

Funny, I thought the President didn't need to read the papers.

It'd be easy - too easy in fact - to make a joke out of the comment 'I hear the voices,' so I leave that to the blogosphere. Instead, let's focus in on Bush's self-proclaimed status as "the decider."

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

decider - noun: a contest that settles the winner of a series of contests.

Yes, our President is a contest that settles the winner of a series of contests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home