Codemorse Collides With Christian Horror!

Head on over to Collider.com to check out my review of The Visitation, a "Supernatural thriller" from the mind of Frank Peretti, Christianity's answer to Stephen King.
Here's a brief excerpt, to get ya salivatin':
What The Visitation ultimately ends up being, interestingly, is a pseudo-condemnation of God (and also just generally kind of lame). I have no idea if this condemnation is intentional, as I’ve never read Peretti’s original book, and the movie makes no real effort to explain itself. I suspect - given Peretti’s fervent and decidedly-religious fan base - that it is not. The movie spends most of its running time giving the audience reasons to believe that if God exists, “He” is either a capricious, perverse entity, or “He” is pretty much totally-uncaring about humanity.
That’s not exactly the message I was expecting from this supernatural thriller.

1 Comments:
Hmmmm. I like Peretti's books for the most part. I read the book sometime back and it wasn't bad. Unfortunately it sounds like the movie suffers from the same thing most Christian art does, lack of a clear message/vision (and talented creators).
Post a Comment
<< Home