Friday, December 02, 2005

California, Here We Come - Right Back Where We Started From


If this is wrong I don't want to be right.

From NBC 4:

A judge refused to dismiss a lawsuit claiming the Garden Grove Unified School District violated the rights of a high school student who was disciplined for kissing her girlfriend on campus, officials said Thursday....

Nguon, 17, filed the suit last September, saying she was unfairly disciplined by the district for kissing her girlfriend, also 17, while similar activity by non-gay students was ignored.

Nguon said she was suspended then forced to attend another school, even though there was no specific policy addressing displays of public affection in the school's student handbook.Nguon also said her rights were violated when Principal Ben Wolf revealed Nguon's sexual orientation to her parents.


"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."
-Clarence Darrow

"The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with."
-Eleanor Holmes Norton

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free."
-Eugene V. Debs

"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will."
-Frederick Douglass

"None who have always been free can understand the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom to those who are not free."
-Pearl S. Buck

"Girls who kiss are, like, totally hot."
-Mother Teresa

7 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

What no pictures?

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Ask, and you shall recieve, my friend. Blogger's photo-sharing is down at the moment, but keep your eyes peeled for a present.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

Is she ugly?

I'm just kidding, that's not nice.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm also M Morse

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

Is the picture a picture of the claimant?

Because if it is, I'm filing an Amicus Brief on behalf of Ms. Nguon.

If she wants to kiss her girlfriend, who are we to say that's wrong? And if she wants to kiss her girlfriend over at my place for as long as she wants, who are we to judge? And if, as a show of love, her hands wander here and there, are we to then condemn her? What sort of hypocrites are we?

In fact, as a public service, since she has been forced to attend another school, I am offering the newly opened "Nizzle Academy For Girls Who Kiss Girls" to all who fit the profile.

[Note: The profile are the girls in the picture.]

I think Garth Brooks/Billy Joel said it best, "I'm Shameless"

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Well, hi there, M Morse. Thanks for saying hi. Come back as often as you'd like, you crazy Ottowan, you.

And you, Mr. Nizzle, are a cad. A CAD, I tell you!

Besides, they've already enrolled in the Codemorse institute for applied higher girlkissing.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jabawacefti said...

A cad? So stipulated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home