Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bi**hes, Rub Your Ti**ies If You Love Big Poppa (Smurf)


Convinced that the website Rent Is Too Damn High was some sort of brilliant satire, I did a little reading up on site-founder, anti-semetic, and anti-rent-being-too-damn-high NYC activist Prince Jimmy McMillan - a.k.a. Jimmy Mack, a.k.a. Poppa Smurf.

Next time he goes to the store, Poppa Smurf won't need to do any shopping for crazy - he's all stocked up. And what's with the sunglasses? Is he "too damn high"?

From Daily Kos:
This guy has had a bizzare number of "incidents" that have gotten him press coverage over the years, including being tied to a tree and doused with gasoline...[in green is a selected quote from McMillan himself]

After someone tried to kill me I still continued to try and get New Yorkers attention to the growing problems in Housing Discrimination that had developed into the Rebirth of (APARTHEID) and what could be done to Stop this Rising RENT madness, and so many other Illegal activities going on in our back yard Brooklyn, by Climbing to the Top of the Brooklyn Bridge. There I was arrested, place in Kings County Hospital (Mental Institution) and was label a crazy man by NYPD. I am a Vet For Live I will not die without a fight. (Shot at on 3 different occasions on the streets near my home and in the door way of my home, Home broken into Documents & Video Tapes Stolen of investigations, Car Wrecked-later Stolen)
It gets crazier...

In 1993, he held police at bay with a "rambo-style" knife and demanding that the media broadcast his message.

From the Village Voice:

Those were just the latest adventures in a life that took McMillan from Vietnam, to a job as a letter carrier, and finally to being an actor, rent activist, Karate expert, and "Independent Private Investigator." Along the way McMillan says he has penned six books (A Vet for Life, Rent is too Damn High, The "Name" Negro Discovered, Murdered by the VA, The Road Less Traveled, and Standing in Line at the VA), worked as a bodyguard to Yankee Mel Hall, and composed a 1975 song titled "A Woman is Hard to Understand (1975)."

I love New York.
Sure, you midwestern types have your "family values," but we have Jimmy McMillan. New York: 1, All of You: 0.

Frankly, McMillan reminds me, not a little bit, of Wesley Willis; a schizophrenic singer/songwriter/artist from Chicago who penned such popular party tunes as "I'm Sorry That I Got Fat," "I Wupped Batman's Ass," "Kris Kringle Was a CatThief," "The Vultures Ate My Dead Ass Up," "Cut the Mullet," "Suck a Caribou's Ass," "Lotion," "I Broke Out Your Windshield," and "Fuck You."

You can listen to Mr. Willis' signature, inimitable stylings right HERE.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Unrelated, fill your eyeballs with this.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-abortion29nov29,0,6674686.story

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

Interesting stuff.
I'm not sure what the purpose of the article is, but I think that Dr. Harrison sounds like a decent enough fellow.

The woman who was "in for her second abortion in two years" really needs to look into some contraception. The process should be a last resort, not a convenience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home