Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Proof Of Insanity

From E! Online:

A friend just saw Nate Fillion, Summer Glau and Gina Torres coming out of one of the exec buildings at Paramount where they are putting together the new CW unit.

Hmmmmm? Will Firefly fly again?

My crippling obsession with Firefly is well-documented. This is the slightest, most uncertain sort of "scoop," yet I'm still compelled to post it here.

10 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Ben Miró said...

I'm with you, brothah.

Although, given the luck of this show they were probably all applying for mailroom positions.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger MMorse said...

Heh.

No kidding.

Cross your fingers with me. Personally, I can't think of many wiser long-term investments for the new CW network than a show who's fanbase has proven to be willing to spend lots and lots of money.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Ben Miró said...

I gave out a couple of boxsets to friends for christmas. To guys who a) are not nerds and b) not particularaly sci-fi-ish in their bent towards esoteria.

They both loved the show and bought Serenity. These are not movie buying people.

I feel I did good work. And now I'm getting them hooked on Galactica.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I am with you as you well know. Heck I'd be thrilled just to see some of the same folks in another project.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Brendan M. Leonard said...

That would be awesome beyond all awesomeness, as I love Firefly/Serenity with a firey passion that explains why I will probally die alone. But a)hasn't Whedon said he's no longer interested in small screen Firefly adventures and b)isn't he busy with Wonder Woman pre-production? I can see someone like Tim Minear taking over, but still...

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger MMorse said...

Actually, Bud, he's said he'd be open to more television, or mini-series', or whatever, but that the people have to come to him for it. Basically, he's through fighting the battle proactively.

It's nice to prove all those arrogant fuckers on Chud wrong :)
You can like the show without being some wacky, raving "browncoat."

Although....I am sort of wacky...

And I'm sort of raving...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger MMorse said...

Oh, and I just got the Battlestar Galactica (sp?) pilot movie from my Blockbuster queue.

Despite some silliness, it's pretty damn solid. I like the tone, the concepts, the depth of characterization and plotting...And I find myself kind of loving the Starbuck character.

Although that "Six" character is so far everything I LOATHE about "fan-boy" sci-fi. Gratuitously "hot" women who are eeeeeeevil and kill people by kissing them as their space stations are blown up?

Ugh. No wonder people think we're geeks :)

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Ben Miró said...

The miniseries is nowhere close to what the show becomes.

Felt the same way about "Six" until...well, you'll see.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger MMorse said...

It's comments like that, Katanga, that make me froth at the mouth.

Until WHAT?!?!

Don't tell me...don't tell me...I'm heading over to BBuster to load another Battlestar disc onto my queue.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Browncoat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home