Justice Sunday II: Return of the Justice-inator
Justice Sunday II aired this past Sunday on television stations nation-wide. I'd intended to try and watch, since I prefer to comment on the event itself, and not on other comments about it. Unfortunately, I missed it. I had a bottle of bad whiskey and a shot glass all ready to go, but sometimes life gets in the way of my drinking.
The report on the event is an interesting read (and no whining from you conservatives that I've linked to the NYTimes. Judith Miller pushed your case for war, fellas). Such honorable, god-fearing men and women as Tom DeLay, James Dobson, Tony Perkins (of the Family Research Council), and Phyllis Schlafly spoke from their hearts about what God really wants from his chosen people, namely, that they turn America's system of laws into something reflective of the Bible's.
"Speaking at the Justice Sunday telecast, Phyllis Schlafly, the veteran Christian conservative organizer, asked: 'How do the judges get away with such outrageous decisions? By asserting that Supreme Court decisions are the supreme law of the land. But you know that is not true. That is a terrible heresy.'"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home