Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Request

Posted by codemorse

I've been writing music on and off now for about six years. Before I entered the deep hell that was law school, I did the whole in-a-band thing. We had a blast, playing clubs like CBGB's and the Elbow Room, opening for one or two bonafide one-hit-wonders, and generally whooping it up.

Recently, I've picked up the guitar again, and I've got a handful of potentially good songs that I'd like to record later this year. I've no idea how you might describe my sound, though my former band's most oft-applied label was "funk/folk". What I'm wondering is whether any regulars here at the site would:

a) like to hear a few of them, and give comments/critique/unabashed praise, and
b) happen to own a cassette player.

I've been waiting on a mic to do some home recording, but for the time being, I'm mic-less, so any demos I send would be on old-fashioned tape.

I'd really love to get some feedback, and my current schedule doesn't exactly allow for a lot of playing out. If you're interested, send me an email to the codemorse account with your name and address, and I'll send you a tape. In return, I'd love it if you'd take at least one full listen, write up any thoughts you might have, and send them via email back to the codemorse account.

Any takers?

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Email sent. Did you get the story I sent you?

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

Got the address, but no story. Try sending again. Hotmail had you funnelled into my junkmail for some ungodly reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home