Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Filmatist Roundup! Giddyup!

It's been a slow day or two, newswise. Not that there aren't stories worth reading; just that I've felt sort of uninspired to write about them.

Here's a collection of interesting movie tidbits, from all around the WWW.

Spielberg explores alternate dimensions for a future project.

Jackass gets a sequel; a sequel I will actually see in a movie theater, as the first one made me shoot soda out of my nose.

Let your inner geek loose and mourn the death of ILM's physical effects unit.

All these apocalyptic types raving about the coming End Of Days keep forgetting to mention zombies. Don't zombies deserve some love? What's honestly more frightening? A plague of locusts? Or a plague of motherfuckin' zombies?

The long-in-demand Missy Elliot biopic is underway. Thank the gods. If there's a musical personality whose life I want to watch dramatized, it's Missy Elliot. Presumably, the big-budget Kajagoogoo film starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman will follow swiftly.

In a move as appropriate as it is deeply ironic, the Dukes of Hazzard sequel will be direct-to-video. The film will apparently be a prequel, wherein we will learn how the Duke boys got the General Lee, learned to shoot flaming arrows, fight in bars and woo loose southern women. It will be called Hazzard Begins.

Waste time with script reviews of Transformers and Iron Man.

7 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

"Jackass gets a sequel; a sequel I will actually see in a movie theater, as the first one made me shoot soda out of my nose."

A little part of my respect for you just died screaming.

And yeah zombies are not only scarier but way cooler.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

I wasn't aware that you had any respect for me left.

Have you seen "Jackass?" I defy you not to laugh when Bam sets fireworks off inside his father's car.

Is it smart? Hell, no. Is it funny? Hell, yes.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

I avoided it after I understood one of the bits to involve someone rolling down a hill inside a port-a-potty and much vomiting and pain. That's not funny.

Robin Williams? Funny.
Self-mutilation? Not funny.
Ask a ninja? Funny.
MTV series made into a movie? Not funny.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

Oh and as for respect for you? I'll put it this way. You have the most consistently and thought provoking blog on blogspot that has the word morse in the title. I respect that.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

That should be consistently funny

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger codemorse said...

That's the most back-handed, vaguely stated compliment I've ever recieved.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Scott Roche said...

You have a heart? Don't they remove that when you pass the bar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home