Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Maui Memories


My Dad, chillin' on a hillside outside of Kapalua, sporting what appears to be a pompadour.

The view from said-hillside. I wish this gave an indication of just how BLUE the water was.


This is the Church at Kahakuloa village. The village itself is nestled in a horseshoe shaped valley, wrapped by a one-lane winding road. It's like a place out of time, and getting to see and experience places like this, alongside the more typical resort culture and tourist stuff, was the highlight of my trip.

My Father and I make the trip past Kahakuloa whenever we're on Maui, and it's what I most look forward to whenever we travel there. I'm very blessed to be close with my family, and these trips make me realize just how lucky I am for that.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Jack said...

How far down the one lane road do you go to get to the church.What else is there?

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

From Lahaina, head past Kapalua on your left-hand side along the main highway. The road'll change to one-lane after about 45 minutes of driving, and the town's about 15-20 minutes after that.

It's a beautiful little place, but there's not much there besides the church and about ten little homes. There is, however, a banana bread stand just a little further up the road that advertises the bet banana bread in the world, and I wouldn't call that false advertising.

If you're looking for other, non-touristy places, the Kula Lodge, located about half-way up Haleakala (sp?) is, by my reckoning, the best damn view on Maui (and their linguini and macadamia nut liquor coffee ain't bad, neither).

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger codemorse said...

That's the "BEST" banana bread in the world. Not sure what the bet banana bread would be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home